Collage

Collage

Monday, May 2, 2016

What's New with the Metz Family

I haven't posted in a while, and I feel like it's time for an update post!

In a nutshell, life just isn't too bad, my friends. :)

Last December, when it was time to look ahead to the upcoming year, I made the decision that I didn't want to continue being an angry, bitter person. The years 2012-2015 weren't exactly easy for us, and some bitterness and resentment had been slowly building up inside of me. 2015 was the hardest of those years, and I became someone that I wouldn't ever want to be around, honestly. Sarcastic, rarely smiling, always mad about something. I knew that's the person I had become, but I felt like I had every right to be that way.

But at the end of 2015, we had been in Michigan for nine months, we were settled, and I decided I didn't want to be bitter and hateful any longer. I wanted to genuinely enjoy life again.

I've spent the last four months working on myself. I've done a whole heck of a lot of personal growth, learned a lot about myself, and accepted some hard life truths. I'm not perfect (because, do we ever really stop growing or improving?), but I'm in a whole lot of a better place than I was six months ago. And it feels great!

Hendrix is almost a first grader now. He's in soccer (through AYSO), and has two really good friends from school. He often comes up to me out of nowhere and just wraps his arms around my waist and it's one of the best little parts of my life!

Jameson is still Mr. Popular in pre-school. He's a complete goofball, so I'm pretty sure everyone just loves him. I'm telling you, God gave him his quirky personality for a reason! He'll start kindergarten in the fall, and he's definitely ready.



We've been attending a church right down the road from our house for about six months now and we just love it. It's a perfect mix of traditional and contemporary. The pastor delivers some awesome sermons, and he's hilarious, so he definitely keeps you engaged.

We've got 4 camping trips on the books for this summer, and I'm so excited! (I just wish the weather would warm up and stay that way!) I'm working on wrapping all the cushions in the camper to update the 90's look a bit, and also sewing some new bunk end curtains, so I'll make sure to share that project when it's complete.

We are headed to Diabetes Camp this month. I haven't found a family camp near us so far, so we'll be heading down to the Indianapolis area. It's ok though. It was a lot of fun last year when Jameson and I went. Hendrix and Matt are joining us this year. I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm working on getting my physical health back in check, now that my emotions are in a good place again. I've gone on a couple jogs, and it's my goal in May to run at least 2x per week, and keep up with lifting weights as well. I would like to lose 15 pounds, so we'll see how that goes!

Other than that, we've just been doing our thing in our little corner of West Michigan. This summer is going to be awesome, and life is good.

I hope you're all doing well!

We finally made it to the beach for the first time on Easter Sunday, and once again after that. It's breathtaking.


Hendrix had his piece of art submitted in a Caledonia Art Day show at the Grand Rapids Art Museum. He was so proud.

Mohawks are cool these days.

Our pooch has a favorite stuffed animal (in the background). Also, we re-mulched the front beds and they look great! More work to come on the next dry weekend.

Make this week a fantastic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment